Rambling ...

I'm an Irish Girl, A Dubliner, with the 'Gift of the Gab' ... I like to talk & to tell you things. In Celtic times news, views and comment were carried from place to place by wandering Seanachaí ~ Storytellers ~ who relied on their host's hospitality and appreciation. I will need that from you too, as I venture to share Politics, Poetry, Laughter, Love, Life & everything in-between ... from Bog to Blog!!


Sunday, May 20, 2012

Yom Y'rushalayim !!!!



"If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning. Let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth, if I remember thee not, if I set not Jerusalem above my chiefest joy."
~ Tehillim 137.5 ~ 


On this day, 45 years ago, the Israeli army captured Jerusalem during the Six Day War.  As Jews we have a duty of Zakhor, of Remembrance .....  And today we Celebrate Jerusalem being in Jewish Hands, B"H.   Jerusalem Day.   As Jerusalem is A Jewish City.

This Photograph always struck me as being definitive of 'Awe'.  The Awe is reflected in the Soldiers faces as it is the first time these Paratroopers have stood beside OUR Temple, B"H.  In Jerusalem.  Jerusalem is not just the Capital City of the Jewish State but the Heart of Every Jew,  as it is the City of Ha'Shems Heart. This picture perfectly captures the essence of  Jerusalem Day.   A Day of Celebration,  A Day of Reflection and thanking Ha'Shem for returning His Holy City to Jewish Hands which we Hope quickly leads to the coming of Moshiach for the ultimate Yom Y'rushalayim.

Yom Y'rushalayim Sameach!!!!


This is the Original Radio Broadcast from 1967 announcing  Jerusalem once again in Jewish Hands, Baruch Ha'Shem.  Precious!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment