Rambling ...

I'm an Irish Girl, A Dubliner, with the 'Gift of the Gab' ... I like to talk & to tell you things. In Celtic times news, views and comment were carried from place to place by wandering Seanachaí ~ Storytellers ~ who relied on their host's hospitality and appreciation. I will need that from you too, as I venture to share Politics, Poetry, Laughter, Love, Life & everything in-between ... from Bog to Blog!!


Sunday, February 12, 2012

Two Puzzle Pieces!!



"That which Ha'Shem hath done is wondrous in our eyes... "   ~ Tehilla 118.23 ~

Over the past couple of months my blogging has been at best erratic, and what used to be almost a daily issue became a rarity.   In fact, I took a break from blogging in January ~ I know that some of you have noticed and a number of you have asked why in personal messages to me.  Well, there was a very important matter that affected a friend of mine, who had a bad and very traumatic experience with a man she met on Facebook,  which I did blog in January and will remain as a warning. Perhaps it is no bad thing that it is the only blog in the month of January.  That situation has been solved now,  Baruch Ha'Shem.  But, that is not the purpose of this wee note ....

I  myself have had something major happen in my personal life too, recently. Something Special & very very Wonderful. His name is Nathaniel, so I took some time out .... and may well need some more time in the early Autumn. For our Wedding !!!!!

I'm not used to such postiive change in my life and I needed to make adjustments. Getting to know somebody, Falling in love and growing in that love is sooo time consuming. There seemed not to be enough hours in the day to fit all activity in, so please understand and Share in our Simcha .....

The concept of Simcha is an important one in Jewish philosophy.  Rabbi Nachman of Breslov,  a 19th century Chassidic Rabbi,   teaches that   "Mitzvah Gedolah Le'hiyot Besimcha Tamid," it is a great mitzvah (commandment) to always be in a state of happiness. When a person is happy they are much more capable of hearing Ha'Shem and being a source of Simcha, of light in His wonderous world.

In Judaism quite often the word Simcha is used in its capacity as a Hebrew and Yiddish noun meaning festive occasion. The reason for this is that any celebration is a happy occasion, filled with Joy. Thus, the term is used for any happy occasion, such as a Wedding. And that is quite simply something that I never ever imagined would never happen to me. So my life has maintained it's usual Roller coaster character .... filled with Shock, Simcha, Awe & Amazement!!!

My Life just since Rosh Chodesh Elul testifies fully to the power of Teffilos, Techinnah & Tears.  Ha'Shem had heard my weeping, had heeded my situation from Shamayim and was working it out, exactly as He confirmed to me He would in December ... but just not as per the shopping list I had provided.  I was impatient and without bitachon.   I didn't understand that He was preparing something wonderful for me.  But, Ha'Shem exceeded anything I could have asked of Him such is his Rachamim, Baruch Ha'Shem!!

And very SUDDENLY my life erupted into Simcha & what had been Sadness became a Wonderful World to inhabit.  I needed to explore this and find a place, my place, my 'paese' that was no longer devoid of love & wonderment  ...... I so love the way Ha'Shem transforms situations & lives ... SUDDENLY. And then you realise that He was working it out all along. Baruch Ha'Shem!!!

As a girlfriend ~ who has been through the troubled times with me ~ reminded me just this week ... In the words of Marilyn Monroe (who was NOT as Dumb in life as in the place History has afforded her) .... “I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”

And for me they have. Baruch Ha'Shem!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment