Rambling ...

I'm an Irish Girl, A Dubliner, with the 'Gift of the Gab' ... I like to talk & to tell you things. In Celtic times news, views and comment were carried from place to place by wandering Seanachaí ~ Storytellers ~ who relied on their host's hospitality and appreciation. I will need that from you too, as I venture to share Politics, Poetry, Laughter, Love, Life & everything in-between ... from Bog to Blog!!


Thursday, February 17, 2011

THIS IS MY LAND!!

Mountains of Samaria ~ Southern View

I have to apologise for my non - blogging self this week.  I have a hideous headcold that just won't go away & I know my 'What is Israel' series remains unfinished, so Apologies & Assurances that I will be back to blogging tomorrow.  For today, and on theme, this blog has been written by my friend & JEWS NEWS partner, Eliyokim Cohen.

Hi my name is Eliyokim Cohen, and I live in an "illegal Jewish settlement" in Judea and Samaria...HI ELIYOKIM.  Sounds a little rehabish I know, but sadly many Jews around the world have become addicted to labeling my home by the same definition that the rest of the Jew hating world labels it. Like virtually everything else leveled at Israel, this assertion is truly false as well. It's one thing hearing this pathetic rhetoric from the gentile world, but it becomes infuriating when I hear it from my own people.

If you are living in america right now, I hate to break it to you, but you live in an "illegal settlement". The native americans lived there long before you got there, so kindly pick up and just move somewhere else that isn't so controversial please. If you live in europe, I am sorry but their were people that lived there before you as well, and you are "occupying" their land, and I would like you to give it back. Same goes for you russia, there might not be a more guilty nation on earth in territorial aggression than "mother russia", so please kindly move to a more suitable location.

You might laugh at what I just said, but in no way can you tell me that I'm wrong. G-d created this world, and He decided how He wanted to apportion the nations and their territories. He chose to give the Land of Israel to the Jewish people, just like he decided to give the land of seir to the edomites. However, if you don't agree with that statement, anyway you slice the pie the Jews have a right to live anywhere we want in the Land, which I will explain coming up. The world can whine and complain all they want, but BZ"H I will continue to get up every morning, and eat my eggs, and look out at a Land that my ancestors settled before that pedophile muhammed was even a glimmer in his mother's eye.

Jews were here before muslims, that is a fact that is set in stone. Anyway you travel in this country you will see artifacts of a Jewish presence that dates back thousands of years. You might see a mosque, but there is a 104% chance that it was built on top of a Shul. The supposed holiest thing to the muslims in my country was built right smack on top of the Holiest place in the world, the Temple Mount. When you look at an aerial view of that area, you will see the ruins of our Temple courtyard, yet for some reason the muslims decided to claim that Jews have NEVER had a presence on our Temple Mount. The level of chutzpah in that statement should draw the ire of every Jew on earth, but sadly most don't care.

Jews were here first, that is not even up for debate, but if you want to say that the muslims conquered this Land, therefore it is theirs, I will actually agree that you might have a leg to stand on there...but sadly I will knock that leg out from under you because we conquered ALL of the Land back in 1967. We won that war, we did not want that war, we did not ask for that war, but we certainly dominated that war...and now that Land is ours.

If you look back in history you will see an endless sea of territorial expansion. Just looking at the last 100 years you will see a few nations that made enormous territorial gains, and imposed their will on their new possessions. Anyone ever heard of World War II? If there has ever been a more overt land grab in history, then I would like to know about it. To the victors go the spoils is the old adage, and I know it hurts the world to hear me say this, but WE ARE THE VICTORS, WE DESTROYED THE MUSLIM ARMIES, AND WE TOOK BACK OUR LAND.

The world doesn't like Israel, and if you think I'm crazy then look into the number of united nations resolutions over the past 50 years or so, and see if something stands out to you. Is there a reason why one of the tiniest countries on earth has more resolutions involving it then every other nation combined pretty much? Is there a reason why the world can't even agree that the sky is blue, but they can agree that Israel is a disease that needs to be cured? You know something is fishy when the muslim and christian nations of the world can only find common ground on their vilification of Israel.

I do not live in an illegal settlement, I live in my home in Israel. I am not an obstacle to peace, peace is an obstacle to peace. I am not occupying another's Land, I am claiming my own Land. I do not engage in apartheid, I am actually the victim of it. The world needs to learn how to think for themselves, how to do a little research, how to block-out pathetic catch-phrases, and how to look at a situation logically.

If you tell me that I have to go, then I'm telling you that YOU have to go. If you don't like me living in Samaria because it is "poor, oppressed palestinian land", then I don't like you living in manhattan, which is proud native american land. You want me out on the street in the Hills of Biblical Israel, then I want you out on the street in france. You want me to pack my bags in my wonderful community in a Land that G-d gave me, then I want you to ready your suitcase in moscow. This is my Land, and this is my Home, and if you don't like that, then learn to live with it because I don't answer to you, or to your government, or to the united nations...I answer to G-d, and I live on the gift that He prepared just for me!

THIS IS MY LAND SO DEAL WITH IT ~ ELIYOKIM COHEN ~ http://www.sidetick.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment