Rambling ...

I'm an Irish Girl, A Dubliner, with the 'Gift of the Gab' ... I like to talk & to tell you things. In Celtic times news, views and comment were carried from place to place by wandering Seanachaí ~ Storytellers ~ who relied on their host's hospitality and appreciation. I will need that from you too, as I venture to share Politics, Poetry, Laughter, Love, Life & everything in-between ... from Bog to Blog!!


Monday, October 25, 2010

A Wish is A Wish !!


Monday.  Movie Day.  (Not Now though, Review will be posted later today).   I did promise you Life, Love, Laughter .... Sooooo, Mirth.  Mirth for Monday Morning.  Enjoy!

 40 years of Marriage ..... A tale.

       A married couple in their early 60s was celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary in a quiet, romantic little restaurant. Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy appeared on their table.

She said, "For being such an exemplary married couple and for being loving to each other for all this time, I will grant you each a wish".      The wife answered, "Oh, I want to travel around the world with my darling husband.". 

The fairy waved her magic wand and ~ Poof! ~ two tickets for the Queen Mary II appeared in her hands.

       The husband's turn.  He thought for a moment ..... "Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will never come again.  I'm sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me."

       The wife, and the fairy, were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish!!!!

       So .....  the fairy waved her magic wand and poof!...the husband became 92 years old.

       And, in fine Faerie tradition, the moral of this story is .....  to men who don't appreciate their womenfolk,   please remember that ..... Fairies are Female!!!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. A Gem from my Inbox. Thanks, Amanda Coleen!

    And, I do think that Magick should be taken seriously.

    ReplyDelete